Minnehaha County Jail
Video Visitation Rules
Please read all of the rules completely prior to moving forward – Not knowing the rules will not be accepted as an excuse for not following them. Disobeying any rule may result in you being banned from visiting detainees or criminal charges being pursued when applicable.
As of September 23, 2013 all 30 minute remote visits with be $10.50 charged at the time the visitation session is scheduled. Canceled visits will be refunded back to your account; however, a refund will not be processed if you fail to appear for your visit.
There is no cost for visitors using the lobby visitation center.
- Visitor Registration is now mandatory in order to participate in a video visitation session with any inmate at the Minnehaha County Jail. Visitors will only have to register one time and after the registration visitors can schedule visitation sessions.
- The information gathered during the registration process is used only to ensure that a visitor is allowed to participate in either an onsite or remote visitation.
- All visits must be scheduled 24 hours prior to the appointment or up to 96 hours (4 days) in advance
- Due to increasing demand on the jail visiting system each person will be allowed to visit an inmate only once per day.
- To schedule a remote visit you will need to have at least $10.50 in your ICSolutions prepaid account. If you need to add funds, please go to www.icsolutions.com or call 888-506-8407.
- This charge will occur as soon as your visit is scheduled.
- If your visit is cancelled by the facility, we will return the $10.50 to your prepaid account.
- All visitors should arrive or connect 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time on order to check in.
- Visitors who connect after the scheduled start time may not be allowed to visit.
- All visitors must possess a valid government issued photo ID with date of birth. If no date of birth listed please have your birth certificate as well.
- Acceptable forms of ID are driver’s license, state ID card, passport, or military ID card.
- All children (under 18 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult and must possess a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Visitors may also be asked to provide proof of relationship to the detainee. This can be done with a birth certificate, marriage license, adoption papers, or other legal documents.
- All visits are subject to monitoring and recording
- Appropriate dress is required at all times.
- Skin tight / Form fitting clothes are not allowed.
- Any clothing or other items displaying gang-related symbols, themes or colors are prohibited.
- Any clothing containing vulgar or objectionable language or images are prohibited.
- All visitors must wear undergarments at all times.
- No hats are allowed.
- No see through clothing allowed.
- Visitors and inmates